Your ability to write for law or business is the most important skill set you can develop. It is also the most undertaught. In this course, you will learn and practice the main plain English guidelines to improve your writing skills.
You will learn:
- Recognition: what the errors are,
- Awareness: why the errors are legal writing errors, and
- Avoidance: how to avoid these errors in your writing.
Bronze level course
You will get:
- full access to the online course at WrittenLegalEnglish,
- support throughout the course, and
- written feedback from me on your answers to the course units.
During this course, you will develop your writing skills and, as you go through the units, you will learn how to add power to your writing and learn how to effectively communicate to your audience.
I have taught my course in-house and online and it is based on my experience of teaching non-native lawyers who work with English, and the leading plain English coursebooks by Bryan Garner, Richard Wydick, Ken Adams, Martin Cutts, and other legal English doctrine writers.
If you are prepared for the TOLES advanced exam, this course will teach you the legal writing skills you need for the written questions. Only 3 units in the TOLES Advanced coursebook refer to plain English and how to write effective legal English. My course has 27 units that help you to improve your core legal writing skills.
Other details about the course:
- Course dates: as soon as you’ve made payment, you’ll get your username and log-in details, and you’re free to start the course. You can study the course as quickly or as slowly as you like.
- English skills: You need English skills at B2 / IELTS 6.5 or above to do this course.
- End of course certificate: If you complete all the units and course tests, you’ll get an end of course certificate.
- Refund policy: Try 6 lessons – if the course is not for you, let me know and I’ll give you a full refund.