Please read the terms of service below carefully. Po Polsku kliknij
- "Website" means www.writtenlegalenglish.com.
- “Course” means the legal English writing course offered on the Website.
- "We" or "Us" or "Our" means the owner of this Website, English Language Solutions.
- "You" or "Your" means the user or viewer of the Website.
- “Agreement” means the agreement to provide the Course under the terms of service.
2. General provisions
- The Website is owned and operated by 'English Language Solutions Simon Porter' registered in Poland,
under REGON (company/sole trader number): 141228722, NIP (tax number): 5272549412, and with Our
registered office at ul. Wygodna 28a, Kaputy, 05-850. We can be contacted on 0048 793 577 240 (the cost
of calling will be as agreed with Your tariff provider's rates) or via email:
- By accessing and using the Course, You accept and agree to be bound by the terms of the Agreement. We
may change the terms of the Agreement at any time. We will give You 5 days’ notice about changes to the
Agreement which will be sent via the email address which You provided when paying for the Course. Your
agreement is assumed unless You get in contact with Us to terminate access to the Course. If You do not
agree to the above, please do not use this Course.
- The Agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of Poland.
- You may access the Website and Course via the internet. You are responsible for the provision of and
payment for the telecommunications services to access the Website and Course, as well as for having
suitable computer, browser, modem and other hardware, software or communications equipment necessary to
enable You to access the Website and Course. We are not responsible for providing technical support to
allow You to access the Course.
version of your browser, flash and java available.
- We may change the content of the Website and the Course without notice.
- Your reliance on or use of any information or materials on the Website or Course is entirely at Your own
risk, for which We are not liable. It is Your own responsibility to ensure that the Course meets Your
- Unauthorised use of the Website or Course may give rise to a claim for damages or be a criminal
- You may not: (a) enter any content onto the website which constitutes defemation, libel or obscenity;
(b) promote or use hate speech; (c) violate any applicable legal provisions; or (d) enter any adult
content or promote illegal activities. We will delete Your account if we suspect that You are using the
Website or Couse in any of the manners described above.
- We reserve the right to terminate the Website at any time and We will provide You with 90 days'
- If any of these terms is (for any reason) held to be unenforceable, illegal or in some other way
invalid, the unenforceable, illegal or invalid provision will not affect the remainder of these terms
and they will continue in full force and effect.
3. The Course
- The Course is a legal English writing course that aims to improve Your legal writing skills.
- The cost of the Course is either a monthly cost of 30PLN, or a yearly cost of 250PLN. The prices states are inclusive of all Polish taxes.
- The payment of 30PLN entitles You to full access to the Course for the period of 31 days.
- The payment of 250PLN entitles You to full access to the Course for the period of 365 days.
- For corporate clients or for multi-user accounts, please contact me to negotiate a price for access to the course.
- The payment is not a recurring payment. You will be notified by email 7 days and 1 day before your access to the Course will be terminated.
- Upon receiving the next payment to continue the Course (either monthly or annually), Your account will reactivate with the same password and all previously saved data in Your account.
- The Course: The Course is a legal English writing course which covers 17 units divided into 3
(i) Basics – the most important grammar and syntax rules which allow You to write in plain legal
(ii) Contested – the rules that ‘traditional legal writers’ will strongly disagree with; and
(iii) Structure – the rules which tell You how to organise Your writing as a whole to make it reader
Each unit has an introductory video which breaks down the issue being discussed: what is the problem,
why it is a problem, and how to fix it. The video then gives you some examples of the rule in practice.
You will have a chance to answer multiple questions and check Your answers against suggested answers.
The Course helps You to learn, practice, and develop Your skills and understand exactly what the problem
is, why it is a problem and how to fix it.
Time: Each unit takes about an hour to complete. The Course therefore lasts approximately 34
The Course will be updated with extra units, more exercises and is supplemented with legal vocabulary
- We do not imply expressly or otherwise any guaranteed improvement. You are responsible for Your progress
and learning capacity.
- The level of English used in the Course is FCE/B2. You are responsible for having the
appropriate level of English before accessing the Course.
- We are not responsible for preparing You, educating You nor otherwise making You ready to access the
- The Course is available to all users across the world subject to all the terms provided in the
Agreement, especially those in section 2.
- Sharing of usernames and passwords is strictly forbidden. If We suspect that a username and password is
being shared, the account will be terminated without recourse to refund.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
- The Website and its content are protected by copyright, database rights, trademarks and other
intellectual property rights. We do not grant you any right to use or license of any such intellectual
property rights subject to the exception in section 4.2.
- You may print off the questions and answers from the Course for Your own personal use only. You may not
make any copies of the video presentation. Further, You may not: make any copies of the text or the
video presentations for third parties, or adapt, republish, make available to the public, disseminate,
transmit, or otherwise exploit the Website's or Course’s content.
- For any material that You submit through the Course, You grant Us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide,
non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate and make available to the public,
including in the Internet, combine or include in other works, that material and any extracts from it.
You also warrant that You have all rights and consents necessary to submit/post such material for
inclusion on the Website.
- You agree not to assert Your moral rights in relation to anything that You submit to Us. You agree to
the publication of any material You submit to Us without identifying you as its author.
- Please do not submit any material if You do not agree to section 4.3 and to the waiver of rights in
- Payment to access the Course and the settlement of credit cards and electronic transfers is carried out
by Dotpay Settlement Centre. Rules and regulations pertaining to Dotpay.pl can
be found here (in English).
- We do not hold Your payment details.
- We are not responsible for any problems that might arise through paying to access the Course.
- Upon payment:
(i) You express consent to acquire access to the Course in full;
(ii) You acknowledge Your loss of right to withdraw from this purchase transaction for digital content
i.e. the Course, subject to section 6.2;
(iii) You will be provided with a username and password to access the Course via email;
(iv) You are granted access to all parts of the Course.
- The payment is made in Polish Zloties.
- The payment is inclusive of VAT, if due.
- If You need an invoice, please contact Us via the contact page. By requesting
an invoice You agree to accept an invoice issued in an electronic form.
6. Refunds and Termination of access to the Course
- You do not have the statutory right to withdraw from a purchase transaction for digital content without
charge if You have: (i) expressly consented to acquire access to the digital content which begins
immediately upon conclusion of the payment process; and (ii) acknowledged the loss of the right to
withdraw. Please see sections 5.4(i) and 5.4(ii).
- However, without prejudice to the statutory right of withdrawal, We grant You a right to a 60-minute
trial use of the Course in which You can use the Course and withdraw from the Agreement if the
conditions of section 6.3 are met.
- To claim a refund and terminate access to the Course:
(i) please contact Us via the contact page within 60 minutes of the time You
paid to access the Course stating that You would like to terminate access to the Course. Please include
the bank details to which We can refund You;
(ii) We will then contact You within 48 hours to confirm that Your account has been terminated;
(iii) We will send the refund within 48 hours to the bank details that You provided. You will receive a
refund of the fee minus Dotpay’s commission fees taken when You pay for the Course, and bank processing
charges (if any) when We pay You the refund.
- To delete Your details and terminate access to the Course after the 1 hour cancellation period, please
contact Us via the contact page stating in the email You would like to
terminate access to the Course. We will then contact You within 48 hours confirming that Your account
has been terminated.
- Please contact Us via the contact page explaining Your complaint in the
email. We will then contact You within 48 hours.
- We want to protect Your privacy when on the Website. Please read the following; it will help You to
understand how We use Your personal data.
- Whenever You give Us personal data, Your personal data is collected and used in accordance with the
- What personal information do We collect? When You access the Course, You will be asked to provide some
personal data such as Your name, email address, and password. When using the Course, You will enter in
data as answers to the questions. We also automatically collect data about visitors to the Website (for
example on browsing patterns) by using cookies. We are a data controller of Your personal data. You have
a right to have access to Your personal data and to correct it. We collect Your personal data on a
voluntary basis; however, if You request Us to delete Your personal data, You would not be able to do
- Cookies. A cookie is a small piece of data or message that is sent from a web server to Your browser and
is stored on Your hard drive. A cookie is used to allow You to access the Course without having to enter
in Your username and password. If You choose not to accept Our cookies, some of the features of Our site
information about the number of visitors to different parts of the Website, and to enhance Your visit to
Our site. Cookies are not used to damage or destroy Your computer and most browsers automatically accept
cookies. We use session cookies, which are temporary cookies that allow website operators to link the
actions of a user during a browser session. They are used to retain information during the particular
time You have used the Website; they do not collect information but only display pages where a login is
required. The browser on Your computer stores this information. We use third party cookies from trusted
third parties. Some third party cookies are necessary to allow You to access content provided on Our
Website by one or more third parties. For instance, Google Analytics are among the third party cookies
used on this Website. Google Analytics is a common and trusted analytics solution on the web to help Us
understand how You use our Website and the ways that we can improve your experience. We do not pass on
Your details to any third parties. A cookie does not: collect personal information, change the
configuration of his computer, serve to install or uninstall any computer programs, viruses or trojans,
or interfere with the integrity of Your system or data. You can remove a cookie at any time. If,
however, You do not wish to allow cookies, You can refuse to accept cookies in Your browser's settings
and delete cookies stored on Your hard drive. You can also set your browser to notify You when it
receives a cookie. This way, You have the opportunity to accept or reject the cookie. More information
regarding cookies and your browser settings can be obtained from Your browser provider or on the
dedicated internet webpages dealing with cookies issues.
- How do We use Your personal data? We use the information to perform the Course. e.g. to answer Your
queries. We may use Your personal data for marketing purposes e.g. to improve Our Course. Upon Your
consent, Your personal data may be used to send commercial information e.g. information about Our new